Ransom Brothers, LLC – A Brief History
Boyde Ransom left Everett Piano Company in 1944 to go into partnership with a local painter, John Taylor, as Taylor & Ransom. Boyde had previously learned the trade from an uncle, Alfie Leach, in the Fennville-Douglas area.
When Merle Ransom, Boyde’s brother, came back from World War II in 1946, Boyde encouraged him to go into business with himself and John.
At the end of 1949, John Taylor retired. Boyde and Merle formed Ransom Brothers Painting and Decorating in January of 1950. Their nephew, Gerald Ransom, started working for the company in June of 1960, after graduating from high school.
Boyde’s son Dwight started working for Ransom Brothers in the spring of 1973, while still in high school. At the end of 1978 Boyde’s health problems forced him to retire.
At that time Gerald and Dwight were offered the opportunity to buy into the business. In June of 1979 the new partnership of Gerald, Dwight and Merle was formed. Merle retired in August of 1980 when he turned sixty-two.
In 1996, Dwight’s son Aaron started working for the company part-time at the age of fourteen. By 2002, Aaron was taking an interest in the business. Gerald and Dwight stayed in partnership until November 30, 2004 when Gerald retired, at which time Aaron came into the business as a partner. At that time Ransom Brothers Painting and Decorating was re-organized to become Ransom Brothers Painting and Decorating LLC.
During the sixty years Ransom Brothers has been in business their work has ranged from extremely detailed residential painting and paperhanging to rough industrial painting.
Occasionally there was a need for a little repair and remodeling work as well.
In 2010 the name of the company was changed to Ransom Brothers LLC.
Ransom Brothers LLC offers licensed General Contracting in addition to Maintenance and Alteration.